What is privacy information?
Privacy information includes both personal information; and history information and characteristic information. Personal information refers to the personal information prescribed in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or information relating to a living individual, specifically the name, date of birth, address, telephone number and other contact information, and any other described information that can identify individuals. Information other than personal information corresponds to history and characteristic information, such as services used, products purchased, history of pages/ads viewed, search keywords used by users, time and date of use, methods of using, using environment, postal code, gender, occupation, age, userʼs IP address, cookie information, location information, and terminal identification information.
How do you collect privacy information?We may collect personal information when a user makes a user registration or use any of our services and/or history and characteristic information of a user when a user uses any of our services or views any of the pages of our website. If a user performs settings in such a way that the use of the services is linked with any external service, we will collect the ID to be used by the user in the external service and/or the information that the user agrees to disclose to the linked service under the external serviceʼs privacy settings.
For what purpose do you use privacy information?The following gives purposes of our collection and use of privacy information.
- A) To present registered information including the userʼs name, address, contact, and payment methods, used services, purchased products, and charges for such services/products so that users can view and/or correct their registered information and/or view the status of use
- B) To use an e-mail address to notify or contact users, to use contact information such as name and address in order to send products to users, contact users as necessary
- C) To use such information such as name, date of birth, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, driving license number, and arrival of mails with delivery certificate for user identity verification
- D) To use payment-related information such as names/quantities of products purchased, types/periods of services used, number of times of using services, amount billed, name, address, bank account number, and credit card number, in order to charge users
- E) To display information registered to us on an input screen so that users can enter data easily or forward such information to external services under instructions of users
- G) To use information necessary for our provision of services for users, such as information about details of inquiries
- J) To use privacy information for marketing
- K) Purposes incidental to the purposes of using above
- I) To distribute or display advertisements of us or a third party
Do you provide privacy information for a third party?We will not provide privacy information for a third party without the prior approval of users except for the following. However, this excludes cases in which the provision is permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information or any other laws and regulations.
- A) Where requested under laws and regulations
- B) Where the provision is required for protecting human life, body or property and it is difficult to obtain an approval of the user him/herself
- C) Where it is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the approval of the user him/herself
- D) Where it is necessary to help any national organization, a local public organization, or a contractor perform the clerical work prescribed in laws and regulations and the approval of the user him/herself could disturb the performance of the clerical work
Can I check my privacy information or request you to correct it?If a user himself/herself requests the disclosure of the privacy information (excluding history or characteristic information) to the user himself/herself, we will disclose it without delay. However, if disclosure could harm the life, body, property, or other interests of the user or a third party, could cause significant hindrance to the proper performance of our business, or violates laws and regulations, we will refrain from disclosing all or part of the information. If we decide not to disclose the information, we will inform you without delay. We will charge you 1000 yen for each instance of disclosure of personal information. If any userʼs personal information we own is incorrect, the user can request us to correct or delete the personal information by the procedure stipulated by us. If a user makes such a request and we judge it is necessary to meet the request, we will correct or delete the personal information and inform the user without delay. Can I request you to discontinue the use of my privacy information? When the user requests discontinuation of the use of his/her privacy information (hereinafter, “Discontinuation of the Use”) claiming the privacy information is handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use or the privacy
information is obtained by unjust means, we will conduct a necessary investigation, and based on the outcome of the investigation make take measures such as Discontinuation of the Use, and inform the user without delay. However, we will take alternative measures if Discontinuation of the Use of privacy information involves an inordinate expense or if it is difficult and alternative measures are possible so as to protect rights and benefits of the users